We’re jumping on the bandwagon this month and trying out buffalo-wing style baked cauliflower. Did you know that one serving of cauliflower contains 77% of your daily Vitamin C requirement along with loads of other vitamins and minerals? This recipe can be made as a side or a snack and all ingredients can be purchased from your local supermarket. You can have it with salad or a range of dipping sauces.
Don’t forget to look out for a Scottish or British flag when you buy your cauliflower!
- 1 Cauliflower
- 70g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 30g Red hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Butter or Dairy-Free Spread
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp of Aquafaba – the liquid from a tin of chickpeas or white beans (yes, really!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c/430f.
- Take the cauliflower. Remove the leaves, cut the florets off and wash.
- In a mixing bowl pour in the flour, 120ml of water, Aquafaba, garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk until smooth then mix the cauliflower into the batter until coated all over.
- Place the cauliflower on an oven tray lined with greaseproof or parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buffalo sauce by melting the butter in a clean mixing bowl.
- Add the red hot sauce and tomato puree. Whisk until smooth.
- After 20 minutes of roasting, take the cauliflower from the oven and mix into the buffalo sauce until coated all over.
- Place the cauliflower bites into an oven dish and bake in the oven for a further 20 minutes, turning half way through cooking.
- When crisp, take from the oven and serve straight away.